The best of Norfolk in easy reach – city, beach and broad.
A few ideas to help you plan your trip
Some ideas for grown ups
- Shopping, architecture, culture and dining in the fine city of Norwich.
- Unique and tantalising culture and entertainment at The Norfolk and Norwich Festival, which runs for two weeks in May every year
- Browsing narrow streets and unique shops in a local market town – North Walsham, Aylsham or Holt.
- Wildlife, birds, sailing, canoeing, fishing… The Broads National Park is close by.
- Go and visit the Queen at Sandringham.
- High quality arts at the Sainsbury Centre, adjacent to the UEA.
- Hang out with the rich and famous at “Chelsea on Sea” around Wells and the Burnhams.
- Enjoy the majesty of Holkham Hall and the stunning beach.
- Norwich was famous for reputedly having 52 churches and 365 pubs with the ancient City wall and now has a buoyant local micro-brewery scene. Discover some of the remaining pub gems at your leisure.
- Browse locally made crafts at Alby Crafts and Wroxham Barns.
- Miles of coastal walks, footpaths and quiet country lanes to explore on foot or by bike.
- Golf – plenty of courses nearby.
- Visit London – the big city is less than 2 hours by train from Norwich.
And some for kids…
- Bewilderwood is an absolute must for any family visiting Norfolk. Crazy tree top adventures for kids and grown-ups alike.
- Wroxham Barns – great food, craft shops, junior farm and mini-golf
- Steam trains galore! Take a ride on the Bure Valley Railway or travel the Poppy Line. Visit the steam museum at Bressingham, or simply catch the train at Hoveton to buy an ice-cream at the seaside
- Did you know Norwich is famous for its dragons? Go dragon crazy at Dragon Hall .
- Norwich Castle for history brought to life
- Slot machines and candyfloss at Great Yarmouth, plus the free firework display on Wednesday evenings
- Under-cover play at Stompers (Rossis Leisure, North Walsham)
- Beaches, beaches and more beaches – colourful huts at Wells, rockpools at West Runton, beach cafes at Mundesley, and happy, sandy heaven at Sea Palling.
- Visit the seal pub colonies during the winter months at Horsey
- Canoe hire at Salhouse Broad (watch out for the Ice Cream Boat!) or day boat hire from Horning or Wroxham
- Feed the ducks and enjoy an ice cream at Coltishall Beach.